Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Man Who Brings Tidings of Sorrow

That title's sufficiently intruiging, right?  I sure hope so.

Hello.  You can call me The Messenger.  I work for The Boss.  You know, tall, thin, wears a business suit, begins to drive you mad with his mere presence...that guy.   Just started a week or two ago.  My job description consists primarily of hacking to find information and to report news (almost always deaths).  Don't worry, I never change anything.  I'm a great lover of words, and I'm not about go Orwellian on any blogs in the name of The Boss.

Now, before you get mad at me, let me just say something: I'm on your side.  Okay, well, that's not true.  I can't exactly say that and work for The Boss.  It's more like I'm on no one's side.  My own side.  I'm just trying to survive, and working for The Boss seems like the easiest way to do that.  It's nothing personal against any of you.  I just can't say that I'm on your side because your side is a bit suicidal.

Today was really my first job ("initiation" isn't exactly a quick or fun process).  It was easy.  Didn't even have to hack, because the guy left me his info.  He was another new guy.  Unfortunately, he didn't last long.  I kind of liked him.  He seemed like a decent guy.  I'd post the info about him I knew, but I didn't know much.  Here's what I did know:

He called himself Hyde.
He used to call himself Jekyll.
He refused to give his real name.
He was thin and wiry, and not particularly tall.  Wouldn't call him short, just shorter-than-average.
He had brown hair.
He was probably in his very early twenties, but it was hard to tell.
He talked in a phony British accent.
He almost always wore one of those Greek drama masks, though sometimes it was tragedy and sometimes it was comedy.  I never once saw his face.
He was mourning the loss of a girl.
He had a blog, which I put the final entry up on here.
He hated a guy called Arkady and disliked another guy called Zero or zerosage or something.
He died at the hand of the latter.

Everything else I know about him, I know from that blog (which I still need to finish reading through).

I guess that's all I have to say.  Just an introduction and a Report.  Don't expect too much out of me.  Unless you all suddenly start to die.


-Don't Shoot The Messenger-

1 comment:

  1. It's always sad when the people you empathize with die. You wouldn't have let yourself get close to him though, right? No one can except for those little ladies of yours, and you justify them as simply being your co-workers.

    ReplyDelete